VNC2Me Products provide a secure way to control and view desktops across the internet, giving access to support personnel quickly and easily.
With built in secure file transfer and chat (windows only), VNC2Me makes supporting clients easy and quick, but best of all, its free and open source.
VNC2Me combines the strong (256bit) encryption (AES, Blowfish, 3DES & RC4 ciphers), and data integrity of the “Secure Shell” (SSH) protocol with the power and features of VNC range. VNC2Me utilises the “plink” (putty) application to provide the SSH connection, and “UltraVNC” (UVNC SC, UVNC Viewer, UVNC Server and UVNC Repeater) to provide the VNC desktop and Advanced features such as file-transfer.
VNC2Me is uses pre-existing applications (and techniques), groups them together to create (when completed) a complete range of remote support products. In simple terms, VNC2Me a wrapper application (at this time) that initiates an SSH tunnel (via plink), then creates a VNC connection through that tunnel (via UVNC).
VNC2Me is currently in BETA release and as such can be considered functional, but incomplete (and containing potential & known bugs).
2008-09-07 VNC2Me SC Beta 0.1 Released ... Download VNC2Me to help us find the bugs prior to the official first release.
VNC2Me has many Features, some of which include:
- Secure Communications over the internet using AES256 bit encryption as standard (various encryption ciphers are supported).
- SSH Compression minimises bandwidth usage (if needed) to allow remote connections over slow networks (or accross the globe).
- VNC2Me SC Creates a reverse VNC connection (server connects to viewer), for safety reasons.
- Open Source and free to use, modify, customise and re-distribute.
The security of your computer systems are critical — it is more important than ever to secure all computer systems, That’s why VNC2Me SC has been designed with the following security features built-in.
- VNC2Me SC Does NOT store anything on your computer (other than the original download).
- VNC2Me SC Does NOT allow direct connection to your desktop. Creates a “reverse” VNC connection to the support technician using UVNC SC *1*
- VNC2Me SC Does NOT permanently change any settings on your computer (temporarily makes changes for better performance in Vista).
- VNC2Me SC Does NOT allow multiple people to view your desktop at once, only one person at a time (Collaboration Server does allow multiple users to "view only").
- Trusted Security through use of established applications and methods.
VNC2Me Products include:
- VNC2Me SC - a quick-connect application for allowing imediate connection to support personel (under development)
- VNC2Me Collaboration - Allows multiple viewers to connect to one presenter (development started late 2008).
- VNC2Me Site - Allows access to numerous UltraVNC configured computers behind a firewall (planned development for 2009).